Green Lands Blue Waters
Register now for the Green Lands Blue Waters 2017 Conference, Nov. 28th & 29th in Madison, WI.
We expect this conference to reach capacity! Book your spot now.
Join GLBW and our hosts at UW-Madison’s Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems (CIAS) for this year’s annual conference focused on “Continuous Living Cover: Bridging the Gaps with Livestock.”
Find the full agenda and conference details here, including:
Plenary sessions on the economic and environmental benefits of Continuous Living Cover Farming:
Livestock as Economic Drivers of Continuous Living Cover
Tuesday, November 28th
- Logan Peterman, Organic Valley Cooperative
- Rod Ofte & Gene Schriefer, Wisconsin Meadows grass-fed beef cooperative
How does Continuous Living Cover Restore our Landscape?
Wednesday, November 29th
- Steve Apfelbaum, Founder and Chairman of Applied Ecological Services, and author of award-winning Nature’s Second Chance
- Jacob Marty, 6th Generation farmer and co-owner of Green Fire Farm, a regenerative family farm producing organic, grass-fed beef, poultry and pastured heritage pork. Serving the Madison, WI and greater Chicago area.
- Chris Kucharik, Professor of Agronomy and Environmental Studies, UW Madison.
What’s your 2025 Vision for Continuous Living Cover Farming? Join us in Madison and be part of the conversation!
Watershed Initiative Coordinator, Green Lands Blue Waters
Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture
University of Minnesota
411 Borlaug Hall
1991 Upper Buford Circle
St. Paul, MN 55108-6026